Welcome to Nya's Room...

...where you always find paper, glitter and ribbon littering the floor but where hopefully you'll also find lots of inspiration and ideas.

Sunday 3 October 2010

Popocorn birthday card

I know I should be making cards for christmas but I had to make a quick card for a boy's birthday, he will be 1 year old on Tuesday.
I thought Crafter's Companion Popcorn cd would be perfect for this. I found a lovely decoupage image of Popcorn on a present and Soufle looking at him, printed the matching backing paper, insert as well as one of the co-ordinating papers with presents on, dug out my lovely X-cut border punch (got that at Ally Pally last week!) and some pastel blue centura pearl card. Some plain blue paper, a bit of ribbon and some glitter glue joined their friends. I also printed the phrase "1st birthday" from Crafter's Companion Peter Rabbit cd in pale blue.
The insert is held on the blue backing paper with two flower brads as it is printed on velum and I wanted to give it some movement.
I wasn't planning on making it into an easel card when I was printing everything off but when I finished with the decoupage it sort of wanted to be put on an easel card, so I obbeyed. Yes, I do love easel cards, they are so simple to make and they look so interesting.
So here it is, my Sunday afternoon birthday card. I am quite pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment